THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Thursday, October 21, 2010

#30 - The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play. Arnold J. Toynbee

BETWEEN THAT ROCK AND HARD PLACE

A whole, new world fell in my lap.
A place where I could work on
the things I love doing.
A dream come true, obviously.

Then why is my spirit so heavy?
What went wrong?

Me.

The threads of my passion unraveled,
by my own hand.
I set fire to my needs,
sitting idly by while flames
consumed the remnants.

The very, fine line
between doing and not doing
has been erased.

I can’t go back and undo the damage.
I can only go forward.
I must regain hold of my purpose,
without sacrificing that which holds
my purpose together.

Recognizing the need to re-evaluate
is, perhaps, half the battle.
Following the best course of action
to achieve the goal
is the battle of greater consequence,
and the harder one to win.

No comments: