THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

#33 - My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary. Martin Luther

THE MUSIC HEALS

A gentle strain from life’s refrain
illuminates the dark.
And music speaks to embers weak,
rekindling the spark
in my mundane, sometimes insane,
existence here on earth.
A blackened day brought deep dismay
and scorned the moment’s mirth.
And yet, the song that hums along
to reach within my heart,
knows how to reach across the breach
to fix what fell apart.
The music swells in empty wells,
my apathy destroyed.
I join the dance of song’s romance,
renewed in honest joy.

No comments: