THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Monday, April 26, 2010

#13 - Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. Dale Carnegie

SUCCESS REDEFINED

In the inexperienced days of youth,
I dreamed of being a success.
Endless acclaim and untold dollars to do my bidding
would fill my life with endless joy.

But the years slipped away, as years will do.
Those dreams, unfulfilled, remained dormant.
No cover of People Magazine ever bore my image.
No associate of Oprah ever begged me for an appearance.

And yet, my achievements are many.
I try to treat everyone the way I’d like to be treated.
I give what I can to those in need though my coffers are low.
I have friends I care about deeply who respond in kind.
I have a family I cherish, a home in which to find refuge,
a love who stands beside me, enriching my spirit,
a God who walks with me, enriching my soul.

Financial prosperity might lessen the burdens.
Fame may have rewards, but carries its own stress.
Without the blessings of joy in the simplest of pleasures,
no one is truly successful.

2 comments:

Susan Schoeffield said...

EMPTY TREASURE

There is no success
without family and friends
to share it with you.

Susan Schoeffield said...

MY SUCCESS

Success is defined
as achieving desires.
You are my success.