THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Monday, May 3, 2010

#14 - A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles. William Hazlitt

MY PLACE IN THIS LIFE

I look at the stars in the heavens
to remind me how small are my worries.
There is little that can reign me in
when I rightly recognize my place
in the universe.
I am but one small part of this world.
What appears to be unbearable to me
might be a blessing to others.
Let me always remember to smile,
to show others their concerns are mine,
and to be there, wherever I am needed.

2 comments:

Susan Schoeffield said...

OVERCOMING THE PAIN

Your eyes hold a deep, unforgiving pain.
If I can channel your anguish
into knowing love the way it should be,
we will both win the battle.

Susan Schoeffield said...

FADING DARKNESS

When you force a smile,
a light overcomes darkness
and offers new hope.