THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Monday, June 14, 2010

#18 - The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it. Jean Paul

REFLECTIONS ON THIS AGING THING

I wake up wondering how life will change
on the morning I reach another age.
Will my steps be slower?
Will my mind slip and falter?

I’m in between milestones.
I find myself looking back
at the day I turned fifty.
The changes I feared never took place then,
and don’t appear to be taking place now.

But the pages of my life
turn a little faster than they used to do.
I feel a sudden urgency to
live these precious days to the fullest,
for fear of missing out on something special.

I am lucky.
I am blessed.
And I am moving forward
from the first day of my new year
to experience the joy this day brings
and for the thrill of the future yet to come.

2 comments:

Susan Schoeffield said...

BIRTHDAY

Another birthday.
How quickly they come and go.
But at least they come.

Susan Schoeffield said...

KEEP MOVING

My life moves forward,
looking through the hour glass
to new adventures.