THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Monday, August 23, 2010

#23 - The faith that stands on authority is not faith. Ralph Waldo Emerson

RELIGION VERSUS FAITH

Religion is a community.
The outward affirmation
of spiritual devotion,
shared by some for the sake of being seen.

Faith is a communion.
The inward affirmation
of spiritual commitment,
shared with the only One who matters.

Given a choice,
I would rather have faith over religion.
Communing with my God
in the places He shines most brightly.
Having Him meet a need when least expected.
Believing He walks with me when I don’t seem Him.

Religion has its restrictions,
but faith has no limits or boundaries.
Neither does God.

No comments: