THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#37 - If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. James Herriot

LOYALTY

Playing games at recess
meant choosing sides for teams.
The best were always taken first.
The rest were left with dreams.

It doesn’t get much easier
when school is far behind.
Deciding on the course to choose
is how we are defined.

The road we pick to travel on
determines where we go.
We either rise like springtime blooms,
or die beneath the snow.

If wisdom fails in other ways,
there’s one thing I believe.
The pattern forming loyalty
is one I’ll gladly weave.

1 comment:

mikeyths'55 said...

Beautiful thoughts for sure!