THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Sunday, January 24, 2010

#2 - Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.

RESPECTFUL CONTEMPLATION

The metamorphosis of gentle breezes into hurricane winds.
The transformation of a tiny spark into a fiery, destructive blaze.
The simple alteration of a leaf from green to gold to brown.
I am struck by the steadfastness of change
and contemplate, with renewed respect,
the power controlling our destiny.

2 comments:

Susan Schoeffield said...

BEYOND THE SENSES

Should my senses ever fail me,
with my shell devoid of sight or sound,
your presence will always infuse my spirit
as you breathe life into my soul
and diminish my loss by the serenity of your love.

Susan Schoeffield said...

A LESSON

Only smoldering embers remained.
Those things I thought I treasured
more than life itself were gone.
Clothing, books, and soulless possessions
disappeared in a sweltering blaze.
A hard lesson learned, but learned it was.
My family and my life, my most cherished gifts,
endured the flames and smoke.
A higher being renewed my understanding
of what home really means.