THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Sunday, January 31, 2010

#3 - Every parting gives a foretaste of death, every reunion a hint of the resurrection.

LOST AND FOUND

Years flow like a mighty river
cascading over a waterfall.
Cherished relationships often perish in its wake.
The loss sometimes takes years to absorb
and even longer to fully appreciate.
Yet when fate allows a reconnection,
the underlying cause for the breach is unclear.
More of the pleasant memories are awakened
than the reason for a broken alliance.

1 comment:

Susan Schoeffield said...

WAITING

The lingering smell of your perfume
fills the air.
It reminds me of your presence
and the joy of having you near.
The shadow of your absence
tries to conceal that memory.
But I reach out beyond the limits of
isolation
and touch the exhilarating magic
in your return.