THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Sunday, March 14, 2010

#7 - Art, to me, is the interpretation of the impression which nature makes upon the eye and brain.

An artist paints what the eyes see with brushes.  A poet paints what the eyes see with words.  No two poets look at things the same way.  Look at what you see around you, then fill your canvas with your impressions.

WHEN I LOOK

When I look at you,
I see limitless caring,
unwavering support,
and love given freely.
When I look in you,
I see longings and desires
I live to bring to fruition.

2 comments:

Susan Schoeffield said...

TRANSFORMATION

If the world in which I live
were as simple as it tries to appear,
love would be easy to attain.
But nothing is that simple.
True love is not guaranteed
without nurturing it every day.
To reap the rewards from this ongoing process,
love must be transformed from
a selfish hope into a selfless reality.

Susan Schoeffield said...

WITHIN YOU

Love is what I see
when I dare to imagine
the beauty in you.