THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Monday, May 10, 2010

#15 - Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship. Buddha

COMMENTARY

A well-ordered life
is not dependent on how others perceive us.
Expensive educations do not preclude
our children from being victims of violence
or perpetrators of heinous crimes.
There is no safety in privilege.
We are saddened by the immeasurable loss
of youth gone too soon.
Is it the excess of access,
or overlooking behavior that falls short of our status?
For all that privilege can accomplish,
one cannot minimize the reality that, now,
two sets of parents are mourning futures lost.

2 comments:

Susan Schoeffield said...

TO YOUR HEALTH

I wish you, my friend
a speedy recovery.
My prayers are with you.

Susan Schoeffield said...

MY ASSURANCE

If I give nothing else to you,
I can give you my assurance
that my faithfulness will remain intact.
There is nothing now or in the future,
no one I know or will ever meet,
that could mean more to me than you.