THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Monday, May 17, 2010

#15 - To all, to each, a fair good-night, and pleasing dreams, and slumbers light. Walter Scott

FROM NIGHT TO DAY

The eventide approaches
and my weary eyelids fall,
unable to resist the sound
of bedtime’s wistful call.
I lay my tired body down
upon my cherished bed,
and sleep completely unaware
of what may lie ahead.
When daylight’s sun appears again,
with challenges to face,
I’ll meet them with a rested mind
and subtlety of grace.

3 comments:

Susan Schoeffield said...

SLEEP DREAMS

Floating through my head
are vivid, colorful dreams.
Heart and mind asleep.

Susan Schoeffield said...

TO REST

To rest in slumber
releases the daily stress
and soothes a full brain.

Susan Schoeffield said...

DREAM INSPIRED

A solid night’s sleep.
No end to accomplishments
inspired by dreams.