THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Monday, September 13, 2010

#25 - My evil genius Procrastination has whispered me to tarry 'til a more convenient season. Mary Todd Lincoln

SOME OTHER TIME

I have a list of things to write, but still the page lays bare.
I surf the web, play with the dogs, and, sometimes, simply stare.
The page remains an empty place that words refuse to fill.
Creative juices cease to flow, replaced by lack of will.
So many other things to do that don’t exhaust the mind,
I quickly redirect my thoughts to acts that will not bind.
I focus my attention on whatever comes my way,
and put behind me, once again, what should be done today.

1 comment:

Susan Schoeffield said...

UNTIL TOMOROW

What should be done now
will have to wait until there’s
one more tomorrow.