THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

#27 - Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

MEASURING THE OUTCOME

I focus on numbers every day.
Who comes to my websites and then walks away
without leaving anything good to say
(or bad, for that matter). I just want to know.

Am I a failure if words are unread?
If no one has bothered to hear what I’ve said,
would my creative spirit be better off dead
(or if not dead, dying). I just want to know.

Am I a success if stay to the task
with no adoration in which I can bask?
A question I’m not quite that foolish to ask.
I don’t know want the answer. I don’t want to know.

But up to the surface, a truth will arise
without expectations on which to surmise.
A writer keeps writing, without compromise.
And that is the answer I already know.

1 comment:

Susan Schoeffield said...

EMPTY PAGES

Pages filled with words
hold no more promise than the
pages that are blank.