THIS WEEK'S QUOTE PROMPT:

My biggest excuse to others and myself was that I had writer's block, as if it was some kind of illness. Mary Garden

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

#26 - Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss)

A SEUSSICAL STANCE

Politically speaking,
I’m more left than right.
But it’s more than a party
that gives me my light.

I’d rather be thinking
the things in my head
than to base my opinions
on what pundits said.

If I speak my own mind
on a number of issues,
I can’t be offended
or run for my tissues

when others will argue
my points are absurd.
I am grateful for having
the chance to be heard.

So what it comes down to
is perfectly clear:
If my wisdom is lacking,
then be of good cheer.

I don’t make decisions
that make the world spin.
I don’t preach too loudly
on the state we are in.

I simply remember
to see what I see,
and am grateful to those
who let such a thing be.

For what other country
would give us the right
to express ourselves fully,
to believe what we might?

This place where we live
has some bruises and bumps,
but it has more potential
than thought by some grumps.

No comments: